Charles Holbrow @ The MIT Media Lab
This page documents my time as a student at the MIT Media Lab in the Opera of the Future group. At the Lab I imagined, built, and explored the possibilities for the future of connected music technology.
My PhD Dissertation, Fluid Music: A New Model for Radically Collaborative Music Production, documents my thinking about the past and future of connected music technologies as of Summer 2021.
- Read my dissertation document for a detailed description of Fluid Music, and for a history of the idea that new technology will fundamentally change music.
- The Fluid Music Software Framework puts the ideas into practice.
Before I was a grad student at the Media Lab, I:
- Compounded the efficacy of my team as an Audio Tools Specialist at music-video-game developer, Seven45 Studios.
- Worked various jobs in full-stack web engineering.
- Coded DSP in C for processing 3D video in the frequency domain at the MIT George Harrison Spectroscopy Lab.
- Designed audio effects and music technology at the MIT Media Lab.
Find me here: