1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 package unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cans pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup heavy cream (whipped)
10" baked pastry shell (pre-cooked)
1. Melt butter in skillet. Stir in sugar, then add pecans.
2. Cook over moderate heat until sugar melts and gets golden (about 3 minutes).
3. Let cool and then break into small pieces.
4. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in pan. Place over low heat, stir constantly, until dissolved.
5. Remove from heat, add brown sugar.
6. In large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
7. Add gelatin mixture and fold in whipped cream.
8. Sprinkle 1 cup praline crunch over bottom of baked pastry shell, then add pumpkin mixture.
9. Chill pie until firm (at least 1 hour).
10. Serve topped with whipped cream and rest of praline