1. V. K. Singh, Advisor: Ramesh Jain, Personalized Situation Recognition, University of California, Irvine, 2012.
Journals/ Book chapters: (9),
2. V. K. Singh*, L. Freeman*, B. Lepri, and A. Pentland, Classifying Spending Behavior using Socio-Mobile Data, ASE Human Journal, 2013. (* denotes equal contribution)
3. V.K. Singh*, E. Shmueli*, B. Lepri, and A.S. Pentland, Sensing, Understanding, and Shaping Human Behavior, IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, (Invited paper, * denotes equal contribution), 2013
4. V. K. Singh, M. Gao, and R. Jain, Towards Cyber-Physical Response Systems, (Under Review), 2013.
5. V. K. Singh, P. Krafft, and A. Pentland, Happiness Prediction and Strength of Ties, (Working Paper). 2013.
6. A .Abdulkareem, V.K. Singh, E. Shmueli, A. Pentland, and A. Alfaris, An Eigenbehavior Approach for Behavioral Privacy, (Working Paper). 2013.
7. V. K. Singh, R. Jain and M. Kankanhalli, Mechanism Design for Incentivizing Social Media Contributions, in Social Media and Modeling (Eds. Hoi, Luo, Boll, Xu, Jin, King), Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2011.
8. V. K. Singh, et al., Towards Environment to Environment (E2E) multimedia communication systems, in Multimedia Tools and Applications, (MTAP), 2009.
9. V. K. Singh and M. Kankanhalli, Adversary Aware Surveillance Systems, IEEE Trans. Info. Forensics and Security, (IEEE TIFS), 2009.
10. V. K. Singh, P. Atrey and M. Kankanhalli, Coopetitive multi-camera surveillance using Model Predictive Control. Journal of Machine Vision and Applications, (MVA), 2008.
11. M. Nouh, A. Almatouq, A. Abdulkareem, V.K. Singh, E. Shmueli, A. Pentland, Social Information Leakage: Effects of Awareness and Peer Pressure on User Behavior, Human Computer Interaction International Conference, (Accepted. To Appear.) (HCI’14)
12. V. K. Singh*, L. Freeman*, B. Lepri, and A. Pentland, Social Behavior Predicts Spending Behavior, ASE/IEEE Social Computing conference, (SocialCom’13).
13. V. K. Singh, M. Gao and R. Jain. Situation Recogintion: An evolving problem for Dynamic Big Multimedia Data in ACM Multimedia (ACM MM-12).
14. M. Gao, V. K. Singh, and R. Jain.. EventShop: From Heterogeneous Web Streams to Personalized Situation Detection and Control in ACM WebScience (WebSci-12).
15. V. K. Singh et al. Reliving On Demand: A Total Viewer Experience, ACM Multimedia (MM -11).
16. V. K. Singh, From multimedia data to situation detection. (Doctoral Symposium) ACM Multimedia (MM -11).
17. V. K. Singh, M. Gao, and R. Jain.. Social pixels: genesis and evaluation. ACM Multimedia (MM -10).
18. V. K. Singh, M. Gao, and R. Jain. From microblogs to social images: event analytics for situation assessment. (Demo) ACM Multimedia Information Retrieval (MIR -10).
19. V. K. Singh, and R. Jain: Structural analysis of the emerging event-web. (Poster) World Wide Web Conference (WWW-10).
20. M. Saini, et al, Multimodal observation systems, ACM Multimedia, (MM-08)
21. V. K. Singh, P. Atrey and M. Kankanhalli, Coopetitive Multimedia Surveillance, International Conference on Multimedia Modeling (MMM-07).
22. V. K. Singh and M. Kankanhalli, Towards adversary aware surveillance systems, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, (ICME-07).
23. S. Pongpaichet, V. K. Singh, R. Jain and A. Pentland, Situation Fencing: Making Geo-Fencing Personal and Dynamic, ACM MM: Workshop on Personal Data Meets Distributed Multimedia, 2013 (ACM MM – PDM’13).
24. R. Jain, V.K. Singh, and M. Gao, Social Life Networks for the Middle of the Pyramid. WWW Workshop on Social Media Engagement, 2011.
25. V. K. Singh, R. Jain and M. Kankanhalli, Motivating contributors in social media networks. Best Paper: ACM Multimedia- Workshop on Social Media, (ACM MM-WSM), 2009
26. M. Paleari, et al, Toward Environment-to-Environment (E2E) Affective Sensitive Communication Systems, ACM Multimedia- Workshop on Multimedia technology for distance learning, (ACM MM-MTDL), 2009.
27. V. K. Singh and R. Jain, Situation based control for cyber physical environments, Best student paper: IEEE workshop on situation management, MILCOM, (IEEE SIMA), 2009
28. V.K. Singh, et al, Towards Environment to Environment (E2E) multimedia communication systems , ACM MM- Workshop on Semantic Ambient Media Experiences, (ACM MM-SAME), 2008.
29. G. SivaRam, et al, A Design Methodology for Selection and Placement of Sensors in Multimedia Surveillance Systems, ACM Multimedia-Workshop on Video Surveillance and Sensor Networks, (ACM MM-VSSN), 2006
30. V. K. Singh and P.K. Atrey, Coopetitive Visual Surveillance using Model Predictive Control, ACM Multimedia- Workshop on Video Surveillance and Sensor Networks, (ACM MM-VSSN), 2005.