Selected Publications (See CV for Full List)
(with Manuel Cebrian, Gourab Ghoshal, Coco Krumme and Sandy Pentland), Urban characteristics attributable to density-driven tie formation, Nature Communications, 2013. link
(with Yaniv Althusler and Sandy Pentland), Decoding Social Influence and the Wisdom of the Crowd in Financial Trading Network, Intl. Conf. Social computing 2012 (Full Oral), The Netherlands, 2012.pdf
(with Yaniv Althusler and Sandy Pentland), Trends Prediction Using Social Diffusion Models, Intl. Conf. Social computing and Behavior modeling and Prediction (SBP 2012), College Park, MD, 2012.ARXIV
(with Manuel Cebrian, Wen Dong, Taemie Kim, James Fowler and Sandy Pentland) Dynamical Influence Model for Human Interaction Patterns, Signal Processing Magazine.PDF
, TECHNOLOGY REVIEW
, NIPS2010 WORKSHOP VER.
• (with Aharony, Khayal, Ip and Pentland), Social fMRI: Investigating and shaping social mechanisms in the real world, Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 7(2011) pp. 643-659, PDF
• (with Pickard, Rahwan, Cebrian, Crane, Madan and Pentland), Time Critical Social Mobilization, Science, Oct 28th, 2011.
, News Relase
, (Data available upon request).
• (with Nadav Aharony and Sandy Pentland), Fortune Monitor or Fortune Teller: Understanding the Connection between Interaction Patterns and Financial Status, IEEE Conf. on Social Computing (Full Oral), SocialCom 2011. PDF
(latest version with error correction), WIN2010 ABSTRACT
• (with Sai Moturu, Inas Khayal, Nadav Aharony and Sandy Pentland), Using Social Sensing to Understand the Links Between Sleep, Mood and Sociability, , IEEE Conf. on Social Computing, SocialCom 2011. PDF
• (with Nadav Aharony, Cory Ip, Inas Khayal and Sandy Pentland), The Social fMRI: Measuring, Understanding, and
Designing Social Mechanisms in the Real World, UbiComp 2011. PDF
• (with Nadav Aharony and Sandy Pentland) Composite Social Network for Predicting Mobile Apps Installation, AAAI 2011, San Francisco. PDF
, VIDEO ON APP SPREADING
, New Scientist
, (Data available upon request).
• (with Nadav Aharony, Cory Ip and Sandy Pentland) Tracing Mobile Phone App Installations in the "Friends and Family Study", Workshop on Information in Networks WIN 2010. PDF
• (with Nadav Aharony, Cory Ip and Sandy Pentland) The "Friends and Family" Mobile Phone Study: Overview and Initial Report, Workshop on Analsys of Mobile Phone Data, NetMob 2010. PDF
• (with J Polzer, P. Hernandez, L. Kwan, Ben Waber and Sandy Pentland), Recent Innovations in Conceptualizating and measuring Intra-Group Conflict:Thin Slices of Group Conflict, Annual Meeting of the AOM, Montreal, 2010. PDF
• (with Larry Polansky, Dan Rockmore, Kimo Johnson, Douglas Repetto) A Mathematical Model for Optimal Tuning System, Journal of Perspectives of New Music, Winter, 2009. PDF
• (with Hong Lu, Nic Lane, Tanzeem Choudhury and Andrew Campbell) SoundSense: Scalable Sound Sensing for People Centric Applications on Mobile Phones, MobiSys 2009, Poland. PDF
, Technology Review
• Improving Interactive Image Segmentation via Appearance Propagation, EuroGraph 2009 Short Paper. PDF
• (with Lorenzo Torresani) Unsupervised Hierachical Modeling of Locomotion Styles, ICML 2009, Montreal. PDF CODE&DATA
• (with Kaihuai Qin and Yao Chen) An Adaptable-Multilayer Fractional Fourier Transform Approach for Image Registration, IEEE PAMI, vol. 31, No. 3, March 2009. PDF
• (with Kimo Johnson, Larry Polansky, Daniel Rockmore and Douglas Repetto) OWT: A Real-time Optimal Tunning Application, Intl. Conf. on Computer Music, 2008. PDF
• (with Kaifu Zhang) The Two Facts of the Exploration-Exploitation Dilemma, IAT'06, Hongkong. (PDF