- Madan A., Farrahi K., Daniel Gatica-Perez and Pentland A.,"Pervasive Sensing to Model Political Opinions in Face-to-Face Networks", under review PDF
- Madan A., Moturu S., Lazer D., and Pentland A.,"Social Sensing: Obesity, unhealthy Eating and Exercise in Face-to-face Networks", proceedings of ACM Wireless Health 2010, San Diego. PDF
- Madan A., Cebrian M., Lazer D. and Pentland A.,"Social Sensing to Model Epidemiological Behavior Change", Proceedings of ACM Ubicomp 2010, Copenhagen. * Nominated for Best Paper PDF
- Madan A., Waber B., Ding M., and Kominers P., "Reality Mining and Personal Privacy: Will Privacy Disappear when Social Sensors Learn Our Lives?", Engaging Data: International Forum on
Management of Personal Electronic Information, 2009. PDF
- Chronis L., Madan A. and Pentland A., "SocialCircuits: The Art of using Mobile Phones for Modeling Personal Interactions", ICMI-MLMI Workshop on Multimodal Sensor-Based Systems and Mobile
Phones for Social Computing 2009, Cambridge, MA. PDF
- Dong W., Pan W., Madan A. and Pentland A., "Exploiting Spatial-Temporal Patterns for Predictive Speed Dialing", in submission.
- Soman V., and Madan A., "Predicting the Outcome of Job Interviews Based on Vocal Tone and Prosody", IEEE ICASSP 2010. PDF
- Madan A. and Pentland A., "Modeling Social Diffusion Phenomena Using Reality Mining", AAAI Spring Symposium on Human Behavior Modeling 2009, Stanford Univ, CA. PDF
- Madan A., and Pentland A., "Modeling Social Diffusion Phenomena Using Reality Mining", peer-reviewed workshop on Stochastic Models of Behavior, Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 2008, Whistler Canada.
- Madan A., and Pentland A., "Mob.Media: A Mobile Phone Platform for Computational Social Science", Conference on Network Science (NetSci) 2007, Norwich UK.
- Madan A., and Pentland A., "VibeFones: Socially aware Mobile Phones", proceedings of International Symposium of Wearable Computing (ISWC) 2006, Switzerland. PDF
- Madan A., Caneel R. and Pentland A., "Voices of Attraction", proceedings of Augmented Cognition, (AugCog) HCI 2005, Las Vegas, NV. PDF
- Madan A., Caneel R. and Pentland A., "GroupMedia: Distributed Multimodal Interfaces", proceedings of Sixth International Conference on MultiModal Interfaces (ICMI) October 2004, Penn State, PA.
- Sung M., Gips J., Eagle N., Madan A., Caneel R., Devaul R., Bonsen J. and Pentland A., "MIT.EDU: M-Learning applications for Classroom Settings", the Journal of Computer Assisted Learning (JCAL), 2004.
- Madan A., Caneel R. and Pentland A., "GroupMedia: Wearable Devices to Understand Social Context", peer-reviewed workshop on Context Awareness, jointly held with Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (Mobisys), 2004.
Technical Reports and Thesis
- Madan A. "Thin Slices of Interest", Master's Thesis in the Media Laboratory, Advisor: Dr. Alex Pentland PDF
- Madan A., Modeling Social Diffusion Using Reality Mining", PhD Thesis Proposal 2009, MIT Media Lab, Advisor: Dr. Alex Pentland PDF
- Madan A, "Contextual General's Examination: Social Diffusion, Influence and Privacy in Computational Social Science (unedited 24 hr exam) PDF
- Madan A, "The Open Source Cellphone: Lead Users and Early Adopters in the Mobile Phone Industry", Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Sloan
Business School, MIT, 2006 PDF
- Madan A, "Lenovo's Mobile Phone Strategy: Using Open Source to Compete with the Top Three" , Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Sloan Business School, MIT, 2006 PDF
- Madan A., Toley P., Fadnavis S."Bio-metrics Enabled Linux Based Embedded Security System", Senior Year Project Report, Axis Biometrics and Pune University, 2003